Friday, December 9, 2016

Kahoot

Marzano suggested using educational games to engage all learners in the classroom. I had also, for another reflection paper about assessment learned about the benefits of activating content knowledge from earlier in the year with students. Instead of doing a review game for "Fun Friday" that focused on current learning, I decided to get back to using Kahoot. This is a tool I've used sparingly in the past, but recently decided to reengage with in my classroom. I asked students to recall knowledge from earlier in the year and apply it. After each question we had a short debrief on the content. Students were genuinely excited about this activity in each of my two classes. I am planning on doing it again with my students next Wednesday and would love to get their feedback on how it helped them. I also explicitly linked the information to their midterm, which they are interested in doing well on. I rant out of time in one class period (I had allotted approximately 20 minutes), so I extended the time for the next class. I also shared this Kahoot with members of my PLC after discussing the research with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment