Thursday, December 1, 2016

Pear Deck Attempt #1

I tried using PearDeck with my most difficult to engage class. I updated a lesson that examined the impact of WWI on various groups in America from a powerpoint to an interactive PearDeck. The class started off really rough, but students were able to follow along with the activity better than usual. It felt that students were doing a good job of answering questions, but were still tuning me out when I was explaining key notes. PearDeck might not be the best way to keep students tuned in to new content, but in sections where I used it to analyze sources, it was more effective both to check for student understanding but also to keep students actively engaged through questioning techniques. Next time, I'll try to keep the interactive portions really high, and limit the number of text based slides that include me imparting new content.

No comments:

Post a Comment